Thank you for your support of our program, and for working with us to meet the needs of individuals, children and families in our community.
You can download the referral form here: Referral Form.
Please e-mail the completed form to email@example.com. Be sure to note the following:
- Schenectady Home Furnishings Program, Inc. will serve families only once on the basis of emergency needs, unless there are extenuating circumstances within the family or household. Documentation will be required.
- It is important that the referral form be completed thoroughly in order for us to fully assess need.
- Please be sure to indicate whether there are size or access restrictions in the building, which limit the items that can be delivered. Only one truck scheduled delivery can be made to a household, so if items on the truck can not be accommodated, HFP will not be able to make a return visit.
- When furniture or other items are to be delivered, recipients must be able to get the items into the home. HFP volunteers can only deliver to curbside.
- No referrals can be accepted for clients not currently residing at the address given.
- Please let clients know that hostile, threatening or abusive language and behavior are not tolerated. This behavior will result in denial of the referral. Referring agencies only will be alerted regarding all denials, and the reason for the denial. All SMHA locations are denied.
- Case workers are allowed to come with or on behalf of clients to pick up small household items.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 518-346-2444 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our goal to make the HFP referral and delivery process as smooth as possible. We welcome feedback and suggestions from you and your clients. Thank you for your cooperation.